Well, here we are 83-days into this challenge. I'm currently listening to a melancholy playlist on Spotify which is making me want to make some new playlists to listen to as it's now March (just apparently Jack Frost in my neck of the woods hasn't gotten that memo.) What are you currently listening to on repeat?
I figured since we're 12-weeks into this deal I would review the list and talk about what I have done, haven't at all touched and the other's that are in the works...just waiting on warmer weather.
1. Write my book: Well, I've been on and off working on this. I've submitted a few shorts to a few journals and waiting to hear back, but I'm defiantly slacking here. Mainly because of inspiration. I find good ideas and then 20-minutes later they lack the luster.
2. Go full throttle freelance photographer: Oh boy! this one is probably where I've done the most work. Espically moving to Portland, I've really had a tough time finding work that fits, so I've had to sort of just jump off a cliff for this. I've already booked my first (and some of my biggest sessions to date) in Portland and I'm so stoked!
3. Iceland...this is a much later in the year deal.
4. Get a puppy: Originally I was going to buy one at Christmas, but then we didn't find THE one (finding a puppy is like dating all over again!) and then we found out we were moving...so we are planning on buying a fuzzy baby in Portland this summer!
5. Learn the Cello: Waiting on PDX where I can rent one and take weekly classes
6. Learn the ukulele: This is really rough, lol. I have one and if you follow me on Instastories, you'll note that I sound like a dying cat...but I'm trying and I've found a teacher so hopefully by summer bon fires I won't be the drag of the party.
7. Relearn the piano: YES! I have been working on this, once again I've mostly shared this on Instastories. But I fell in love with La La Land so much, that those songs are the one's I'm bound and determined to get down.
8. Fiber art + Lit body of work: I've really been working on this for Artwalk (which is in June) and I have shared studio shots on Instastories and will share more photos of the actual work as we get closer to June. But I'm neck deep in threads and paint and some collage as well here.
9. Purge house: One MAJOR perk of moving to a new state...this isn't a goal...it's a HAVE TOO!
10. Learn how to make chocolate Soufflé: No reason or rhyme why I haven't done this yet. BOO!
11. Learn Italian: I've spent like 3-days on this, so like, nothing. But I'm renting old Italian films this weekend to watch...so maybe this will inspire me.
12. Learn Polish: I can't even admit to this one yet, lol.
13. Learn hand writing lettering: YES! I've really started taking sketchbook time and have practiced my lettering and even did some work for the marketing company I work for. It takes time and practice but I'm loving it.
14. Read more: I was doing really good on my personal side of things (see book reviews here) but then my kiddos entered a HUGE Roald Dahl phase and so that's all I've been reading lol. Not sure if you all want my book reviews on those?
15. Be more involved with my kids: another thing that has REALLY manafested since the hubs moved for his job. I am not involved with everything with my kids. From being woke up at 5:23 to pop a lego dude's arm back in to swim and dance meet's to getting all the lice out of my daughters hair (YUCK!) But this is why they have somehow taken over my personal Instagram (sorry...not sorry!)
16. Monthly date nights: A not so great thing with the hubs 6-hours away...these just don't happen. Man I miss him...okay moving on.
17. Explore AZ: coming soon...promise!
18. Get shoulder tattoo: in da' works yo'!
19. Eat what I want: okay so this week is a true testament to this one...brownies for breakfast...twice. And zero guilt.
20. Go dancing: Okay, La La Land has really re sparked this one. Currently looking for ballroom dancing in PDX to go with the hubs. Anyone have suggestions?
21. Fly an airplane: ALSO...VERY SOON!
22. Get back into painting + illustrations: you probably saw form a very early time in the challenge on that I just jumped back into drawing and illustrating. It's upped my design game by 100 and I'm so much happier with my work and myself for just taking 10-minutes a day to draw. I even had two locations since graduation show my illustrations. I've also started adding painting to my faber art for Artwalk this summer. I've learned taking 20-minutes or so a day in the studio is a MUST and at least it's something. Netflix can wait...although I'm HOOKED on Chef's Table.
23. Learn more about botany: so far I've killed two cacti...I need to fix this!
24. Make a cover to a favorite song: this one is waiting till I'm reunited with my hubs...the guitarist in this endeavor.
25. Create tape deck worthy playlists: been doing...will keep doing...follow me on Spotify!
26. Laugh more: Every day is the goal. Someday's I've rocked this...other days...I've failed. But I've given up yelling for lent (I have a German temper I'm over with) so laughing come my way!
27. Coffee: Ever' Damn Day.
Now, for my millions of errands.
Happy Friday Though Ya'll!
With Grace + guts,